What One Thing Can You Do Today to Improve Your Life?



Organize your desk?
Be a better listener at work?
Find someone to help you find your passion in life?
Every month or so I wake up and remember that my life can use more improvement.
I don’t want you to think that I’m unhappy. Far from it. My life is better than I ever expected. But I don’t want to stand still. I want to move forward, challenge myself, and improve my life. If I don’t, what kind of example do I set for my clients?

With coffee in hand, I begin to write down all the things that I want to improve. Eat better. Exercise five days a week. Connect with others on the internet. Write a great weekly blog. Clean our linen closet. Read a book on how to improve writing skills. Plan meals in advance. Learn to create videos. Get over my fear about being in videos. Find people to review my upcoming book. Vacuum the office monthly. Review web pages and update. Create and market a new workshop at The Center of Success. File receipts immediately. Paint the kitchen.
As I reread my list I notice that some of the same tasks seem to reappear year after year.
Clean the linen closet? It’s been on the list for 2 years.
File receipts immediately? This one pops up every April.
I’m starting to feel overwhelmed and negative. I look at the long list of incomplete tasks and feel like a sloth.
Checking my email to distract myself, the subject lines glare at me: Get More Done in Half The Time. 3 Tips to Faster Blogging. Write Your Book in 29 Days. I should be getting more done. I’m smart. I should force myself to just do what I have to do.
I feel as if I should schedule time every day so I can complete these tasks. As I hear my inner mind whisper, “You should, you should, you should!”  begin to notice a familiar feeling. Images of my grandmother ironing her sheets as soon as she pulls them from the dryer pass through my mind. You should always do this the minute the dryer finishes, she says. This way you’ll have less wrinkles.
My mind wanders to our linen closet and our un-ironed sheets and I notice a brief twinge of a feeling.  Ahh…I just figured out why I’m feeling so bad. I’ve just caught myself repeating an old family habit. I’m “SHOULD-ING” on myself.
I now know the one thing I can do to improve my life today.
I open my desk drawer, shove the list in, and stand up.  It’s beautiful outside and I imagine how nice it will be to walk to the office this afternoon.
How will you improve your life today?
***
http://www.thechangeblog.com/improve-your-life/
***

An Important Notice: The writer own the copyright in ; this blog ; and the material on this blog (including without limitation, the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images on this blog). Blog adress of the material has been given at the end of the each text. Our only purpose/goal is to overview the writer & writer's works. If you become aware of any use of writer's copyright materials , please report this by e-mail to [changeyourbrainnow@gmail.com] or post to (changeyourbrainnow.blogspot.now) . If you would like to receive more information about the text that you  are interested, please visit the website/blog. If you do not wish to publish or remove the materials that you already put on the blog, please e-mail us and we will remove the materials immediately from the blog.  
Thank you very much for your interest , and again our final remark as always is : Change Your Brain , Now! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mindset Shift That Changed My Life

How to Clear Your Mind and Rediscover Clarity in a Noisy World

6 Things I Learned From Quitting My Job